Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More Distractions

First, let me say I would rather work on my family history than almost anything else. I absolutely am crazy about finding things. It doesn't even have to be my family.

So imagine my mood when I am pulled away from a research project by printer problems. Such was the case last week. I was trying to print a couple of 4 x 6 inch borderless photos from my niece's wedding in 2008. These were pictures with most of my siblings. Even after hours of dealing with Hewlett-Packard's outsourced-to-a-foreign-country help, I still cannot get these photos to print without chopping off heads. Or if I do, they are no longer borderless photos. I want them specifically for a collage frame that specifically uses 4 x 6 photos. I have tried everything. The other problem was that my printer did not want to pull the photo paper through. It was so frustrating. I felt the 4 hours I spent on this was a total waste of time except for the photo paper thing. I am thinking about pulling out my little portable travel printer which is a Canon and seeing how that does the photos.

It is frustrating when you purchase a product specifically for a particular use and it does not work the way it is supposed to. And, because of the irritating problems with this printer, I am seriously considering the purchase of a multifunction that is anything but an HP.

No comments:

Post a Comment