From the online Merriam-Webster dictionary:
Definition of DEARTH
2: an inadequate supply : lack &amp;lt;a dearth of evidence&amp;gt;
Particularly number 2. There has been a dearth of new databases to comment on lately at Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.
On FamilySearch there have been a lot of new databases added but they will have those dreaded words next to them "Browse Images." Ugh!
Or, the database will say something like this: New York, Orange County Probate Records, 1787-1938. But when you go to browse the images 1787-1829 and 1901 to 1938 are MIA. And have you ever tried to browse those images. Sometimes they are in date order, sometimes rough alphabetical. Groan.
Lately Ancestry has been wonderful, IF you have a World Membership. I really can't justify the cost of the World Membership for the handful of records that I can find there. So these are not really doing it for me:
New records on Ancestry.com
- Web: The Hague, Netherlands, Marriages 1811-1931 (in Dutch)
- Web: The Hague, Netherlands, Deaths 1811-1956 (in Dutch)
- Web: The Hague, Netherlands, Births, 1811-1906 (in Dutch)
- Web: Netherlands, Dutch East India Company Passenger Lists to India, 1699-1794 (in Dutch)
- Web: The Hague, Netherlands, Divorces 1812-1931 (in Dutch)
- Web: Netherlands, Genlias Death Index, 1796-1960 (in Dutch)
- Web: Netherlands, Genlias Marriage Index, 1795-1944 (in Dutch)
- Web: Netherlands, Genlias Baptism Index, 1811-1902 (in Dutch)
Due to current technical difficulties, only partial search results are shown above. Please try your search again later to see full results.
Would all my followers who have an Ancestry.com account please go do a search for Morris Percival in Missouri. You should find him in Missouri Death Records, 1834-1910. You should get this message:
Error Processing Request
BookInfo is Null (Invalid Page Number)
|Please try the following:|
Maybe if I get enough people to report this missing image they'll fix it?
Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes