Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, August 1, 2011

So That's Why I Didn't Find it There!

Ever since the state of Michigan released death certificates from 1897 to 1920, I have been searching for ones that I just couldn't locate. One such certificate was for Emma Strause Klesert of Burr Oak, Michigan. No matter how I searched, I could not find her death certificate.

Today, on Footnote, while searching out Klesert/Kleesaat/Kleesaert on Footnote.com, I noticed that the last image was for the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette from August of 1915. That is when Emma died. Opening the image provided me with a death notice. No, she did not die in Michigan, but in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Next trip to The Allen County Public library will include a search for the death certificate.

I did go to the Allen County Public Library's genealogy search page, and found Emma listed as below:

Surname  First Name  Age  Date             Book  Page
Klesert      Emma           58    08/11/1915    CH-7  269

I hadn't been on their site for a long time and noticed some changes.  If you click on the link, you will see what I mean.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment: