Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, December 9, 2011

I Just Love It When ...

I'm working on a project in RootsMagic, and all I can say is that I've knocked about 60 items off my to-do list. You know, it doesn't hurt to review those lists once in a while.

So I am running along working on this to-do list. One of the obituaries I would love to have is an Odessa, Missouri newspaper - at least I think that is what I want. Somewhere in the Lafayette or Saline county area there must be a newspaper with an obituary for Katie Webb DeMoss. She was the daughter of Samuel Webb and Elizabeth McReynolds and she married John P. DeMoss, Jr.  John was the son of John Pool DeMoss and Mary E. Davidson. John DeMoss, Jr was my first cousin 3 times removed, his mother being a sister of my great-great grandmother, Susan Davidson Percival later Holt.

Katie has been in my database for years, I found her accidentally. Born in 1867, she died in 1969. Centenarians have always interested me. So today, I found her parents. Now to connect them to my Webb lines ...

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment