Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, December 23, 2011

OCFRD ...

Yes, I do have this disease. OCFRD. Obsessive. Compulsive. Family. Research. Disease. And I have it bad. And that is what makes me look for the death certificate online for a seriously removed relative. Or the in-law of a removed relative. For instance, while entering the parents of a seriously removed relative's wife (2nd cousin 3 times removed) from her death certificate, I noticed they listed her mother as Helen unknown. I hate that. So I had to look. I didn't find her maiden name, but I did look. I feel that women are hard enough to trace, mainly because we give up our maiden names. The ultimate insult is to find a death certificate for a woman, and they don't even bother with her first name, they just list her as Mrs. John Smith. And then list her parents as unknown. That just sets my OCFRD off and off I go searching for the answer.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOU, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY DEAR TENNLADY, HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO YOUUUU!

    ReplyDelete