Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Success! At Last

Ever since the Seeking Michigan site went online, I've been looking for death certificates of some of my family in Michigan in the 1900-1910 time frame. I pulled many certificates, but was stumped on George August Zimmeth, my great-uncle George Zimmeth's son. Or one of them. You see, George Zimmeth, Senior and his wife Julia Blust had a total of 12 children born between 1907 and 1918. Only three lived to be adults, most of them died as infants, one died as a three-year-old.


I looked every which way I could and the other night decided to give it one more try, searching instead by the date of 1909 and county of Iosco. I found him indexed as Augut Zinnth, Oct 25, 1909, Tawas, Iosco County. 

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment