Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This is Why I Blog!

I had a great email exchange the other day with a chap in Scotland. It seems that he did a mountain of research on breweries in Scotland and Alloa in Clackmannanshire in particular. I mentioned in a blog post on May 19, 2010 that I was working on the Maitland family and mentioned Charles Maitland of Bass Crest Brewery in Alloa. By the time he was through I had tons of stuff on the family including a transcription from the family bible. This wasn't a different Maitland family, it was my direct line. Well you can imagine, especially if you are a family researcher, that I am just thrilled with my windfall. One of my favorite items is a photo of Bass Crest House, where Charles Maitland lived with his family. And it is still standing and occupied.


Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. OOO, cool beans! What a great photo and a fabulous house! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete