Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thriller Thursday - John Loyd Thurman ... Or Is It?

I am transcribing death certificates into my genealogical database and I came across one that piqued my interest: John Loyd Thurman (their spelling) who died in the Greene County, Missouri Jail. 

Why he was in jail, I do not know, but he died of generalized arteriosclerosis, cerebral sclerosis with psychosis and he was malnourished. He was 75 years old.

Okay, I can see why he might get picked up. Again I've not found a newspaper article regarding him. He was the son of John Loyd Thurmond and Martha Kirtley.

Is this something we might call Alzheimer's today? A sad end for the poor man.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment