Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Correspondence

I did something yesterday that I had been putting off for a while. I wrote a letter. Well, I typed it, because by the time I get to the second paragraph, no one should have to read my writing.  But it is going in the mail box in the morning.

There aren't too many people that I actually write to anymore. Most of my friends and relatives are online. Even my dear Aunt Shirley, who is 91 years young writes email!

In some respects, I think it is sad that I even print out a letter. Would I have had as much fun transcribing all the letters my ancestors wrote, if they had been typewritten? Probably not. And thus, I probably won't leave any letters for my descendants to decipher when I am gone. Unless my kids start saving all my emails!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment