Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Moanin' Or Am I Hallucinatin'?

Last week when I was performing my daily search of new or updated databases, I could swear I saw some listed by the day of the week, such as Tuesday, June 25, 2013.  Usually it's in the format of  25 Jun 2013. Last night it was displayed as 6/25/2013. STOP IT FAMILY SEARCH! And gawd, I hope I am not the only one who saw that!

Last night when I was trying to work in my office, Mouse the cat was single-pawedly trying to destroy what semblance of order existed on my desktop. I kicked her out and closed the door securely, only to have her show up a few minutes later with her toy-on-a-stick that we refer to as Panda-Rat. It's hard to ignore her little paw snaking under the door, but I managed for a few minutes anyway, while trying work.

My DH let a firefly into the house last night and Mouse, of course, started chasing after it. I brought out the fly-swatter and she thought that was a toy.  We still haven't chased down the dang firefly and I really hope Mouse doesn't catch it and eat it.

It is turning out to be a busy week this week, with a holiday thrown in with it. Maybe I'll schedule some office organizing time - data entry work?

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment