Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Moanin' - Checking Out Research Suggestions

From time to time, I have blogged about Dr. Herbert Davidson Percival. We was my great grandfather, John "Henry" Percival's brother. Born about 1859 in Lexington, Missouri and died probably before 1901, possibly in Hawaii.

One of the things I liked about Legacy Family Tree is the ability for the program to make research recommendations. Believe me, with Dr. Herbert Percival, I need all the help I can get. Well, Legacy made a page full of recommendations. Some of them are a little off the wall, but I had not thought to check Philippine Insurrection records.  There are a couple of recommendations that I know do not exist for the location - such as 1876 Missouri census - Lafayette county was not filmed or was destroyed - or maybe wasn't taken. I do know I had searched for that for my Missouri lines.

So, just maybe, one of these suggestions will lead to something!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment