Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Making a List - Checking It Twice!

1.  2009 Christmas cards checked against last years list; addresses verified.
2.  2010 Christmas card list updated.
3.  2010 Christmas card labels printed.
4.  Oops, not enough cards. Off to store to purchase some more!
5.  2010 Christmas letter written & printed.
6.  2010 Christmas cards signed.
7.  2010 Christmas cards stuffed with newsletter and stuffed into envelopes.
8.  2010 Christmas labels applied to envelopes.
9.  2010 Christmas return address labels applied.
10. 2010 Christmas envelopes stamped.
11. 2010 Christmas cards mailed.

Hmm. I'm a little behind this year, since last year they went out the day after Thanksgiving. Only missed it by a few days.

Still left, the rest of the Christmas decorating, and prepping the guest room for younger daughter who gets in to town in two weeks and two days. But who is counting? This is where I miss having a basement, because I used to be able to leisurely put up my tree and decorations. Now that said decorations are kept in the shed in the back, it has to be dry enough to go out to get the decorations and then put them back. After the loss of trees and the yard being taken over by equipment, it gets a little muddy back there.

Also left is the menu planning for the five days younger daughter will be in town. I know she misses her momma's cooking. I have a vague idea for Christmas, Christmas eve is turkey pot pie that now sits in the freezer, prepared after Thanksgiving. Also on the menu are chocolate chip pancakes and sweet and sour meatballs. And then there are leftovers for the day after Christmas. That takes care of dinner.

Then there is my Christmas shopping to finish - er start!

Am I getting a little obsessed with Christmas planning? Yes. This is the first time since 2003 that we have spent Christmas together. I am really looking forward to it!

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

3 comments:

  1. Christmas Card received - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should do Polish Christmas!! Mmmmm. Whatever we have though I will make mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete