Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Making My List(s)

Christmas lists, grocery lists, to-do lists. It seems that I am constantly looking at some type of  list these days, and really, who isn't? It is such a busy time of year, that I am afraid if I don't make a list of what needs to be cleaned, shopped for, wrapped, sent, etc, that sure enough I will forget it.

We're having a houseguest for Christmas, younger daughter, who is flying down to spend Christmas with us. I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to it. I pray daily for the weather to cooperate so that she gets to Detroit Metro airport safely, her plane takes off safely and that it arrives safely in Nashville, and that the roads are safe for us to drive to Nashville safely.

My DH's eyes about bugged out when he saw the grocery list. I reminded him that the list included the makings for several suppers including Christmas day. Most of the time I only cook when older daughter comes for dinner, so it will be a treat to have younger daughter here too.

Then there is my craft list of things I want to accomplish on my sewing machine so it can be put away and the craft/storage room cleaned up. Also I have some stuff hanging around in the guest room to be put away and the room freshened for younger daughter's visit.

As I sit here and type this, I am thinking of more things to be done. Panic mode won't kick in until next weekend, though, so I think I have it under control. Maybe.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. 200 years from now, those notes will be a great history for your descendants. That's how things are re-created at Daggett Farm, from lists and recipes, etc.

    ReplyDelete