Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wedding Wednesday - Whiteside & Hall

Today's Wedding is that of Virginia Whiteside, who was my mom's much older cousin and William Hall. Virginia was the daughter of my grandfather's oldest sister, and grandpa was the youngest, being twelve years younger than his sister, Phene. So when Virginia and William Hall were married on December 29th, 1925, my mother was 22 months old.




Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

3 comments:

  1. Did they elope? It looks like the witnesses were relatives of the minister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's possible. Unfortunately, they do not write "elopement" on the marriage record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia and William are my great grandparents. Their daughter, Carol, married Daniel Gustafson. They then went on to have 5 children, including my mom, Patricia.

    ReplyDelete