Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Serendipity - Or Cousin Carol Strikes Again!

Every so often, one of my bloggin' cousins will post something that relates to someone in MY database. In today's Reflections from the Fence, cousin Carol posted pictures from a cemetery she visited on the Natchez Trace. I knew as soon as I saw the title who Cowles Mead was. The younger, that is. This is a less-than-collateral line I investigated while trolling the records at the Lexington, Kentucky Cemetery online. Not only that, but I have a photo I took of Cowles' wife's headstone at Lexington Cemetery. She died in 1864, fifteen years after her husband. Her burial date, interestingly enough was June 6, 1865. Possibly she was buried originally in Mississippi and then her remains returned to rest with her family in Lexington? 


Her Find-A-Grave Memorial can be found here
.
Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment