Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving 2012

OMG! I don't have to cook today. Today's dessert is already made, and all we have to do is drive 80 miles to Younger Daughter's home in Nashville where she is making Thanksgiving dinner.

We have a lot to be thankful for this year. First and foremost, we are thankful for our health. DH has been in good shape this year after being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2011. I am somewhat thankful for my new right knee. I am finally getting my mobility back and can go up and down the stairs without dreading bending my right knee. Recovery has been a really long and hard time for me, but I finally feel more like my old self.

Older daughter is still living in our little town, for which we are thankful. I've gotten really used to having her around more often. Mostly, we enjoy having dinner and watching Revolution every Monday night. We are thankful that she had a great time on her trip to Australia, and thankful that we got to cat-sit Luna and Tonks while she was gone.

Younger daughter is in a new relationship. She moved to Nashville last year and after about 6 months found a new job and has a couple new guys in her life. One is 5, one is 28. Both make her pretty happy. We are thankful for having her about an hour away rather than 600 miles away.

We made some home improvements this year, adding some "stuff" to our backyard in the form of a spa with gazebo and the slab to hold it. Also our builder was able to find the time to strip our deck down to the support, add 3 feet to the length and 2 feet to the depth, giving us a nice 14 x 20 composite deck. Anything to make maintenance easier is my goal. We still have a couple projects in mind that we hope to get done by early next year.

Mostly, we are just thankful to have each other and to be able to be together for family holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment