Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, November 23, 2012

The Day After -- New Traditions

I can't say I am ready to give up all control over the holidays, but it sure felt good to have someone else host a holiday for a change. For the first time since we moved here, I didn't cook the holiday meal. The only thing that could have made it better if the hostess had been feeling better.  Hopefully, she will be on the mend soon.

Younger Daughter 's roommate made the most delicious chocolate bourbon pecan pie for dessert. Oh yum. Normally I don't like the cloying taste of all that sweetness, but this was just the right texture and sweetness. And I only had a tiny piece. But it truly was delicious.

Maybe it's a new tradition and maybe it isn't. But it was fun.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment