Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Trying to Organize - Again

Over the weekend I organized our storeroom/craft room -- a bit anyway. I've been feverishly making Christmas cards and needed to get all my scrap paper in some sort of easily accessible order. That was easy.

Now its time to sit down and organize my office -- again! Unfortunately, its been in disarray since before my knee replacement surgery in June. And when I work on census, death records and cemetery records, I just pile the new info on top. Oh my. It's so bad I lost my iPod in the piles of paper.

And there are many piles.  One pile is stuff I'm working on. One pile is stuff I've received in the mail/email and need to look at. One pile is notes I've made - reminders to look for something, marking where I left off while listening to an audiobook on said lost iPod. One pile is note paper, notebooks, etc. That pile includes the notebook I keep for random blog posts and another is a notebook I keep of my database stats. Then there is the stack of paper that for one reason or another has only printed on one side (mostly these are cemetery records) and I stack those and use them in the manual sheet feeder and will print more cemetery records on the front! Or use them for scrap. Then there is the pile on the shredder for - well shredding, of course!

It looks like I have my work cut out for me. I guess I'll get it done soon? Sure could use a house elf or two right about now!

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. I am a little behind...just saw you had knee surgery, I hope that went well! Isn't it amazing how quickly we can get "piled up?"

    ReplyDelete