Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Resolution Recap

On January 1, 2013, I counted my resolutions for 2013. Here they are along with comments on the progress:

First and foremost, is organizational remodeling around the house. First on the list is the laundry room, so that our cat, Mouse, is not freaked out in the hallway trying to use her litter box. And lets face it, I hate having it in the back hall. Yes, this was accomplished. It not only involved the laundry room, but a little reorganization in our closet to accommodate the laundry hamper - a 3 section sorter. We are all happy with the results.

Secondly, is organization of the storeroom/craft room. I am hoping to get some stuff done in there that will make the room more useable! Since I plan on scanning photos in there, I need some place to work where I can leave photos out if necessary. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
We started this project in February, by contacting the contractor who built our kitchen and bath cabinets. It took as long to get the cabinets as it did for me to have a baby! Unfortunately, our contractor had some issues with the electrical plant at his workshop, but finally, in November, the cabinets were installed. We also had some cabinets made for our living room. I love it!

Thirdly, yes, I will continue to scan, sort and scrapbook photos. It isn't going to get done on its own.
Finally getting to it, but other things have gotten in the way. Older daughter is buying a home which closes on January 6th. My craft room is acting as a staging area for stuff for her new home. It also acted as Christmas present central. Soon it will be clean and sorting and scanning photos will resume.

Fourth, continue with volunteer projects. That is one of the most important resolutions.
My favorite project is the Missouri Death Certificate Project, which I've participated in for several years. That will resume probably mid January! Last year, we were done indexing them in 72 hours.


I am amazed that I actually put things on the list that got accomplished or are in the midst of work. It's about time!


Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment