Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, December 2, 2013

My Foray Into Legacy 8 - Holy Error File!

For some reason, I forgot to turn off the color coding when I transferred my database from RootsMagic 6 into Legacy 8 Deluxe. Well, I can tell you that it generated 177 pages of errors. I also transferred all my Research Logs from RM to Legacy. I should have turned that off too, since I probably would have saved myself another 50 pages!

However, in going through some of this stuff, I found a Research log item for Emma "Edna" Young Vasen Cox. She was still alive in 1959, when her sister Frances Young Smith died. I've searched in vain for her Cox spouse, but went back and found her on 1910, 20 and 30 and 40 censuses. All under the last name of Vasen. Her first husband Gustav died in 1919. They had a son, also named Gustav who married in 1937 to Edna P. Bentley. Kind of confusing when you see them on the 1940 census with the same names as his parents.

For the heck of it, I searched for Edna Young Cox on Find-a-Grave and did find her under the name of Edna Vasen Cox. She died in 1973 and sure enough there is an SSDI record for her. Still have no idea which Cox she married, but I do have her son's obit, his first marriage, his second wife's obit ... so one entry on the error list generated 8 pieces of paper.

Did I mention my pile is growing?

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment