Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Too-Too Thursday - Libre Office Fails

I got a new Windows 8 computer this year. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Microsoft Office 2003. I have been using Office since 1997. And I opted not to purchase it this year. Well, I think that was a mistake. I tried Open Office. Sucked. Not supported. Tried Libre Office and while it performs some functions, it screwed the hell out of my Christmas Labels. So I tried typing them individually. It would only let me do one page. Really? So I tried putting it in a Libre database and importing it into Libre Writer using the database and table format for my Avery labels. GIANT FAIL.  No wonder I have a migraine. I ended up typing the second page of labels as a new document. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment