Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Ancestry - US Consular Registration Certificates

 I try to take a look at all new databases, to see if there is anything interesting online. One such database that caught my eye last weekend was the U.S. Consular Registration Certificates at Ancestry.com

Of course, the first thing I do is type in Percival, my maiden name. The first family I came up with was R. G. (Richard Glenn) Haskell, his wife Olive M. Percival and their three children, Nellie, Glen and Julia. Two different records a couple years apart, 1909 and 1911.

The 1909 record, below, is the one that interested me, because it is the only record I have ever seen that listed all three children's full names. Interesting because I have no idea where the middle name Ethleen came from for oldest daughter Nellie.

Yes, I did pull the other record, just to check that on both records, they don't care when the wife was born, just where.  And the second record did not have middle names for the children.




Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment