Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What Did You Inherit? Skills.

I inherited my love of cemeteries from my dad. My husband's dad passed down his ability to save money. Handyman skills? Not so much. Hubby and I both excel in our own pastimes, though. He is wonderful with finances and I turned out to be a terrific cook. Our kids, well, one has great cooking skills and the other is developing other areas.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy cooking a good meal. My mom was a good cook, just hated doing it. I would rather have inherited the handyman skills both our dads possessed, though.  Come to think of it, hubby's handyman skills are developing late in life. Better late than never!



Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment