Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Confederate Officer's Index - FamilySearch.org

I love browsing databases. Not. But occasionally, a database will present itself that just begs me to search it. Such was the case with the United States, Confederate Officers Card Index, 1861-1865 on Family Search. And I did find two that I was searching for, namely Lt. Colonel John P. Bowman and Captain John S. Percival. Both were my great-great grandfather's; both were from Missouri; both died in Arkansas; both died as a result of wounds. Actually, John Percival was killed in action. I can't wait to check the Webb family!

























Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great research tip! Most of my ancestors were confederate.

    ReplyDelete