Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

U.S. Seamen's Protection Certificates - Ancestry.com

I found a neat database over at Ancestry, the above named database. It is listed as an update but I never searched it before yesterday.  Since a lot of my Massachusetts relatives were sailors, I thought it worth a look. So far , I've found 3 records.

Even back in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, citizenship had to be proven!





Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in my Fab Finds post this week at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/06/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-june-28-2013.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete